Rules and Scoring for 2013 will be posted soon
Rules (2012 only)
1. PRS competitors should comply with a “No Coaching” Rule in which NO other competitors spot, call or correct shooters onto the target during the course of fire. This keeps each event a true individual effort.
2. No PRS competitor may acquire PRS points during a specific PRS event if he or she is involved with match design, set up, pre-competition shooting for score or involved in competitor scoring duties in place of a Range Officer of the said PRS event.
3. No competitor may acquire season points from 3 matches held within the same state. Limit two in state matches for points per season.
4. PRS Competitors shall comply with all host match event rules as set per match director, however the rules stated above shall prevail.
5. Infractions will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis; one should expect to lose PRS points and membership for serious and intentional violations.
6. Only the official results as awarded at the match will be used for PRS scoring. Once scores are final, they are final. Any error corrected or caught afterwards will not have effect on PRS scores.
Scoring (2012 only)
Each Series Event will be worth 100 Series Points with the first place competitor receiving the 100 Series Points. The remaining field of competitors will receive points normalized from the percentage earned in relationship to the top score.
|=||Individual’s Total Match Points||x 100|
|Highest Total Match Points|
For example, consider a match where:
1st place winner scored 2450 total points
10th place winner score 1980 total points
The 1st place winner has 100 PRS points for that match. Applying the formula for the 10th place:
(1980 / 2450) x 100 = 80.816 Series Points for that match.
Values will be rounded to the third decimal place.
Frequently Asked Questions (2012 only)
- Win any one Qualifying Match and you’re automatically in the Series Finale.
Top 15% finisher (85th percentile) or better at
events and you’re automatically in the Series
e.g. 7th Place out of 50 shooters = 14%; 8th place = 16% and would not meet qualification.
- By earning enough season Series points to be in the Top 50 shooters nationwide, or available spots.
- Any remaining slots will go to Season Series Match Directors with the most series points.